Friday, November 20, 2009

It's Almost Turkey Day!

Everyone getting excited for Thanksgiving?!?  Only a week away...K and I are heading out to California to visit family for the holiday with Sweetie. 


I wanted to take some pies over to K's office before we left to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and, of course, show off our cute daughter.  Mission accomplished---I made pumpkin pie from a Cook's Illustrated recipe--it was the best pumpkin pie I've ever eaten.  (Sorry, Mom!)  You have to pay to look at most of the recipes on the site, but I am telling you it is well worth it.  All recipes are tried and tested--I love Bon Appetit and Food and Wine as much as everyone else, but I promise you will be more satisfied with the recipes at Cook's Illustrated on the whole.  And of course they have a print edition, too.

So believe it or not, we're actually going OUT on Thanksgiving this year, but I think it will be a wonderful dinner.  We'll be heading to the Montage in Laguna Beach for their Thankgiving feast.  While in L.A., we're also going to check out The Must Bar, which is a popular gastropub that was recently written up in Bon Appetit.  Will let you know how everything turns out!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. By the way, I am so sorry that I've been a terrible friend and fellow blogger-- I meant to tell you that I loved the black background you had for a bit, and I like the grey too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooooo. How do you rate The Must????? The Montage, we all know how good that is.

    ReplyDelete